Saturday, June 8, 2019

The New Age Monopoly of Spirit

Click for Artist's Description

2019 Glyph Comics Award Winner (BEST COMIC STRIP OR WEBCOMIC)!

CITATION
Rasheed, Muhammad. "The New Age Monopoly of Spirit." Cartoon. The Official Website of Cartoonist M. Rasheed 09 Jun 2019. Pen & ink w/Adobe Photoshop color.

David Moore - Is there any relation between schizophrenia and the third eye?

Muhammad Rasheed“Schizophrenia is a mental disorder characterized by abnormal behavior, strange speech, and a decreased ability to understand reality. Other symptoms include false beliefs, unclear or confused thinking, hearing voices that do not exist, reduced social engagement and emotional expression, and lack of motivation.”

SOURCES:
Schizophrenia | National Institute of Mental Health
Schizophrenia - Key Facts Sheet | World Health Organization

No. None of the symptoms associated with the schizophrenia ailment correspond to the adept’s third eye opening experience, with the latter being 100% positive with zero ill effects.

In the works of French philosopher René Guénon, he succinctly explained the problems inherent within a secular material-focused Western Civilization and its citizens’ inability to process higher, complex ideas that fall outside of what the base physical can register. The Ancient Egyptians referred to such a handicap as having an “atrophied third eye,” and it accurately reflects U.S. American society as a whole, as the drive towards accumulating more and more and more stuff—often at the direct expense of an exploited other—is the polar opposite of the mentality needed to experience the higher level signs of the unseen spirit.

I’m personally not surprised to find that those with woefully atrophied third eyes, in roughly seeking to make impatient sense of a piece of very real esoteric concepts and lore that is well beyond their level of study, would by default sweep the knowledge into a box labeled “mental illness,” spin on their heels with fingers firmly in ears, and strut off to go accumulate more stuff.

Paul La Femina - Some people with mental illness claim to be special in some way, be it reincarnation or unusual powers such as telepathy linked to the supposed inner eye. James Randi offered one million dollars to anyone who could demonstrate such abilities. He still has the money! The link with schizophrenia and unusual beliefs is one of delusion. People who firmly believe what they saying can be very persuasive.

Muhammad Rasheed - Paul wrote: "Some people with mental illness claim to be special in some way, be it […] the supposed inner eye.”

In the case of the third eye event, it’s only “special” in the sense that you need to actually commit to the conditions in order to experience it. Anyone can experience it if they choose. Proclaiming that someone is mentally ill because you have taken on the position of the dedicated skeptic sounds like it could be a form of narcissism.

Paul wrote: "James Randi offered one million dollars to anyone who could demonstrate such abilities. He still has the money!”

Irrelevant. The third eye event is not only entoptic by nature, but it also only appears as a milestone sign outside of the adept’s control and isn’t performed at will like a magician’s stage trick. The experience wouldn’t qualify under Randi’s conditions.

Paul wrote: "The link with schizophrenia and unusual beliefs is one of delusion.”

What metric do you use to determine reality from delusion, Paul?

Paul wrote: "People who firmly believe what they saying can be very persuasive.”

They can be, but in reality people often reject the heartfelt beliefs of others. The Christ Jesus (peace be upon him) had a grand total of no more than about 20 followers at the end of his mission as I recall. He certainly believed in what he believed.

Paul La Femina - You say you have to commit to the belief in the third eye in order to experience it, in other words its a matter of faith. Belief or commitment without evidence. I can assure you that there are many patients in mental hospitals claiming to have telepathic abilities. They are demonstratably wrong nor are they communicating with angels. Their minds are sick.

I once heard from a shaman that its important not to be naive. The problem with people who communicate with angels or others telepathically is not just their certainty but their passing on of a delusion from a mind that is out of touch with reality.

Muhammad Rasheed - Paul wrote: "You say you have to commit to the belief in the third eye in order to experience it…”

No. You have to commit to the actions—to the lifestyle—in order to reach the place where the third eye will open. For me it took about three years of that dedicated commitment. Focusing on the third eye event itself is not recommended since that aspect is not under our direct control. #TheWatchedPotNeverBoils

Paul wrote: "…in other words its a matter of faith. Belief or commitment without evidence.”

Belief in the unseen spirit, and the signs thereof, is indeed a matter of faith.

Paul wrote: "I can assure you that there are many patients in mental hospitals claiming to have telepathic abilities.”

Irrelevant.

Paul wrote: "They are demonstratably wrong…”

Again, irrelevant.

Paul wrote: "…nor are they communicating with angels.”

How would you know whether that was true or not? What metric would you use to accurately judge whether a real but invisible being was having a one-on-one discussion you were pointedly not asked to take part in? How would you know?

Paul wrote: "Their minds are sick.”

Possibly. How would you know if whether the reason they became mentally sick was because people like you refused to listen to them, filled them with doubt, and convinced them they should be pumped full of toxic drugs that we both know only hurt people?

Paul wrote: "I once heard from a shaman that its important not to be naive.”

I have no reason to accept comments like this from you at face value, Paul.

Paul wrote: "The problem with people who communicate with angels or others telepathically is not just their certainty…”

Why would that be a ‘problem’ for you? Explain.

Paul wrote: "…but their passing on of a delusion from a mind that is out of touch with reality.”

What are using to determine whether their claims are “delusion” or not? Do you believe the raw force of your narrow-minded skepticism is enough of a measure?

Paul La Femina - We are discussing the link with a identifiable mental illness and claimed telepathy. Why should I accept your claim that you opened your inner eye through certain behaviours and practices. That sound rather like self agrandisement to me. Undoubtedly certain behaviours such as isolation in a cave can predispose to false perceptions. This is a known fact. As a ‘ follower" of the shaman Emaho I can hardly be said to have a closed mind. If you dont believe me look on YouTube ‘Emaho in prag’ and my comment only one of two. There is a difference between narrow minded scepticism and naivety. As someone said ‘ it is important to have a open mind but not to the extent your brains fall out.

Muhammad Rasheed - Paul wrote: “Why should I accept your claim that you opened your inner eye through certain behaviours and practices.”

lol You shouldn’t, since that’s not my claim. I didn’t open it; it opened and showed me stuff. I had nothing to do with it. You don’t have to accept it at all since it was a very personal experience for me—I’m the one who has to accept it.

Paul wrote: “That sound rather like self agrandisement to me.”

Irrelevant. Your hater value judgments don’t mean it didn’t happen.

Paul wrote: “Undoubtedly certain behaviours such as isolation in a cave can predispose to false perceptions. This is a known fact.”

You’re flying out of left field now. More than you have so far, I mean.

Paul wrote: “As a ‘ follower" of the shaman Emaho I can hardly be said to have a closed mind.”

Literally every single thing you’ve typed has been text book “closed minded.” Or do you believe only white men get to experience high-level spiritual events, and any brown people with Arabic names should be labeled “mentally ill” and pumped full of mind-numbing drugs so you can hold a monopoly over the spirit events? (I think I’ve just made a breakthrough.)

Paul wrote: “If you dont believe me look on YouTube ‘Emaho in prag’ and my comment only one of two.”

No. I’m offended that you expect me to take your shaman comments at default face value while you project the worse narrow-minded “Amazing Randi” levels of skepticism at my own. You genuinely offend me.

Paul wrote: “There is a difference between narrow minded scepticism and naivety.”

And only white men have the magical power to proclaim which gets to be which, am I right? *wink wink*

Paul wrote: “As someone said ‘ it is important to have a open mind but not to the extent your brains fall out.”

You dropped something there, Paul. Ew.

Paul La Femina - To paraphease someone. Unkind irrational beliefs can fly you into buildings rationality will fly you to the moon. Regarding unkindness debating people online you never know their state of mind or the effects you have. But it is not kind to confirm that the delusional beliefs of people suffering from schizophrenia are real.

Muhammad Rasheed - TRANSLATION: “Everyone who is not a white man experiences delusions of schizophrenia when they claim third eye events, but my inner eye experiences are legitimate high-level spirit interactions because I’m a white man and I said so.”

Morris Fleetwood - Really? Wow. Let's invent reasons to hate.

Muhammad Rasheed - This cartoon illustrates an argument with someone who held this opinion of the matter. At first I thought he was an atheist until he revealed he DID believe in the spirit, just not when brown people did it.

Trust me. I have ZERO need to invent reasons to be resentful of anti-Black racism.

Instead of getting mad at my cartoons, learn to control your people.

Morris Fleetwood - I'll take it up with my people. You're not without a sense of humor.

 ________________________________
MEDIUM: Scanned pen & ink cartoon drawing w/Adobe Photoshop color.

SUBSCRIBE and receive a FREE! Weapon of the People eBook by M. Rasheed!












Save up to 75% on art & craft supplies

SuppliesOutlet - Ink & Toner Cartridges



No comments:

Post a Comment