Saturday, October 24, 2020

The Obligatory Counter Informal Psych Evaluation

 

Click for Artist's Description


CITATION
Rasheed, Muhammad. "The Obligatory Counter Informal Psych Evaluation." Cartoon. The Official Website of Cartoonist M. Rasheed 24 Oct 2020. Pen & ink w/Adobe Photoshop color.
________________________________
MEDIUM: Scanned pen & ink cartoon drawing w/Adobe Photoshop color.

SUBSCRIBE and receive a FREE! Weapon of the People eBook by M. Rasheed!


An Informal Psychological Diagnosis

 

Click for Artist's Description


CITATION
Rasheed, Muhammad. "An Informal Psychological Diagnosis." Cartoon. The Official Website of Cartoonist M. Rasheed 24 Oct 2020. Pen & ink w/Adobe Photoshop color.
________________________________
MEDIUM: Scanned pen & ink cartoon drawing w/Adobe Photoshop color.

SUBSCRIBE and receive a FREE! Weapon of the People eBook by M. Rasheed!


Friday, October 23, 2020

A Most Contrived Milestone

 

Click for Artist's Description


CITATION
Rasheed, Muhammad. "A Most Contrived Milestone." Cartoon. The Official Website of Cartoonist M. Rasheed 24 Oct 2020. Pen & ink w/Adobe Photoshop color.
________________________________
MEDIUM: Scanned pen & ink cartoon drawing w/Adobe Photoshop color.

SUBSCRIBE and receive a FREE! Weapon of the People eBook by M. Rasheed!


A Day in This 'Post-Racial' America

 

Click for Artist's Description



CITATION
Rasheed, Muhammad. "A Day in This 'Post-Racial' America." Cartoon. The Official Website of Cartoonist M. Rasheed 23 Oct 2020. Pen & ink w/Adobe Photoshop color.
________________________________
MEDIUM: Scanned pen & ink cartoon drawing w/Adobe Photoshop color.

SUBSCRIBE and receive a FREE! Weapon of the People eBook by M. Rasheed!


Delusions of the Corny Master Race

 

Click for Artist's Description



CITATION
Rasheed, Muhammad. "Delusions of the Corny Master Race." Cartoon. The Official Website of Cartoonist M. Rasheed 23 Oct 2020. Pen & ink w/Adobe Photoshop color.
________________________________
MEDIUM: Scanned pen & ink cartoon drawing w/Adobe Photoshop color.

SUBSCRIBE and receive a FREE! Weapon of the People eBook by M. Rasheed!


Protecting the Glorious White Race from 'Racism'

 

Click for Artist's Description


CITATION
Rasheed, Muhammad. "Protecting the Glorious White Race from 'Racism'." Cartoon. The Official Website of Cartoonist M. Rasheed 23 Oct 2020. Pen & ink w/Adobe Photoshop color.



Scott Macniven - This is really well done. Are you using Clip Studio Paint to do your work? Those line weights are on point! They almost look like traditional ink and quill.

Muhammad Rasheed - No, this is the Hunt Flexible Quill No. 108 with brush. I scan the drawings in to apply color in Photoshop.



Scott Macniven - Dude! That is tight art, how long have you been working with those tools? I know some pros that aren't on your level

Muhammad Rasheed - I first started using them back in Apr 2000 after I saw R. Crumb's demonstration in his Terry Zwigoff documentary. I needed affordable and reliable inking tools so I could start my Monsters 101 graphic novel series at the time. That little nib never let me down 1,500 pages later. Highly recommended.

I have old friends from art school who remain dedicated to Rapidographs and other tech pens, but those drove me crazy with their much higher maintenance levels.

Michael Grefe - I am not sure if I understand the message but artistically it is very well done.

________________________________
MEDIUM: Scanned pen & ink cartoon drawing w/Adobe Photoshop color.

SUBSCRIBE and receive a FREE! Weapon of the People eBook by M. Rasheed!


Thursday, October 22, 2020

Wasting the Unfair Tilt

 

Click for Artist's Description



CITATION
Rasheed, Muhammad. "Wasting the Unfair Tilt." Cartoon. The Official Website of Cartoonist M. Rasheed 23 Oct 2020. Pen & ink w/Adobe Photoshop color.



David Gold - I ain't paying reperations for something I personally didn't do. And neither should anyone else.

Muhammad Rasheed - Are you American?

David Gold - No but what does it matter? I don't own slaves I owe nothing to you.

Muhammad Rasheed - Reparations for the Black American former slave class in an American issue. 

Your opinion is irrelevant.

Muhammad Rasheed - Do you live in America?

David Gold - If I did what does it matter? Stop demanding people who never did anything to you pay you reperations.

Muhammad Rasheed - America was built by free slave labor and, after slavery was abolished, the former slave class was still exploited and plundered, preventing them from building legacy wealth over generations. Reparations is to make up for that historic wrong and that is the inherent cost for enjoying this country's benefits.

David Gold - Okay so there were black slave owners too. Make their decendants pay reperations as well then. The whole idea is stupid why should we be blamed for things our ancestors did? I did not own slaves neither has anyone else in our lifetime, most if not all former slaves are long passed on. This is just a bunch of entitled assholes who never exprienced slavery demanding money from other people just because the color of the other person's skin is white. Pathetic. Get out of here with your racist entitled bullshit propaganda. I don't owe you anything.

David Gold - Is this a comic or a political ad? Seriously, relax with this hardcore left shit. This is so painfully un amusing it saddens me. You are a great artist just please tone this stuff down its hurting your otherwise great art!

Muhammad Rasheed - David wrote: "Is this a comic or a political ad?"

It's a political cartoon, so that makes it both. :)

David wrote: "Seriously, relax with this hardcore left shit."

Why would I do that just because a foreigner, who doesn't understand nor sympathize with the historical injustices of our country, told me to?

David wrote: "This is so painfully un amusing it saddens me."

But you are a foreigner. 

David wrote: "You are a great artist just please tone this stuff down its hurting your otherwise great art!"

The messaging is what makes it art, David. The message and the cartooning together are what elevate it.

Muhammad Rasheed - David wrote: "Okay so there were black slave owners too. Make their decendants pay reperations as well then."

You're being silly. Once Black people were permanently delegated to the bondsman class, the only "slave owners" among them were the ones who had managed to purchase their freedom, and then started buying their loved ones to kkep them from being abused by the machine.

David wrote: "The whole idea is stupid why should we be blamed for things our ancestors did?"

Since you're a foreigner, it's not a matter of blame in this case, but there are inherent costs that come with moving to a different country, costs built into that nation's historical baggage. If you want to enjoy that nation's benefits, then you need to pay.

David wrote: "I did not own slaves neither has anyone else in our lifetime, most if not all former slaves are long passed on."

Irrelevant. Reparations is for their labor and abuses and for the continued accrued discriminatory abuses that followed up into the present day.

David wrote: "This is just a bunch of entitled assholes who never exprienced slavery demanding money from other people just because the color of the other person's skin is white."

This is an inaccurate assessment. Reparations is an accrued debt. White people never have a problem understanding that concept for themselves, only for my specific ethnic group. That's a hypocritical piece added to your expressed profane racism.

David wrote: "Pathetic. Get out of here with your racist entitled bullshit propaganda. I don't owe you anything."

Okay, at this point, I would put in a special request to take money out of your account specificially to give to me personally, just for you being an asshole. Congrats. You made it.

David Gold - You're pathetic. Nobody owes you anything. Grow up. You never expirenced being a slave or anything close to what your ancestors did you entitled asshole. Even if people should pay for their ancestors wrongs which they shouldn't it's beyond their control, how are we to know that my ancestors specifically were slave owners or racists? You just assume that because someone's skin is white they automatically had racist ancestors? That's like assuming every German has nazi ancestors when in reality that's not true. Demanding every white American pay you money just because the color of their skin is racist in itself. Not all white people have racist history and even if they did what the ancestors did is beyond our control. Grow a pair you racist entitled piece of shit

Muhammad Rasheed - David wrote: "You're pathetic."

Most people respond negatively to debt collectors. You'll get over it.

David wrote: "Nobody owes you anything."

The US government owes me Reparations for its complicity in the nation's systemic racist practices against my ethnic group for generations.

David wrote: "Grow up."

I already did. That's why we're talking about this. If I was an immature juvenile, I would believe you at your word.

David wrote: "You never expirenced being a slave or anything close to what your ancestors did"

Irrelevant.

David wrote: "you entitled asshole."

You're very uncouth, vulgar, and foul-mouthed. Are you always like this or just when confronted by your debt collector?

David wrote: "Even if people should pay for their ancestors wrongs which they shouldn't"

Of course they should. lol When a relative dies, don;t you have to clear their debts?

David wrote: "it's beyond their control, how are we to know that my ancestors specifically were slave owners or racists?"

The entire country was built from scratch on free slave labor and it prospered from continued exploitation of Black people up into the modern day. Congress will add the Reparations debt to the national budget. It doesn't need to be over complicated.

David wrote: "You just assume that because someone's skin is white they automatically had racist ancestors?"

Did I not ask you point blank whether you were American or not? When you said "No" I said your opinion didn't matter. You then went on an uncouth profane rant in perfect immitation of a triggered American white racist. lol

David wrote: "That's like assuming every German has nazi ancestors"

lol It's nothing like that. You suck at analogies.

David wrote: "Demanding every white American pay"

I'm demanding the government pay it.

David Gold - Uh yeah saying you didn't expirence slavery is not irrelevant but a good point as to why you need to shut your entitled mouth. Lol nobody in the usa government has ties to black slavery that is all done. And has been for a long ass time. An entire race should not be judged/blamed for their ancestors that in itself is racist. That's like if my ancestors were killed by a black person so I demanded black people pay me and that all black people are racist because of it. It's stupid entitled and downright racist to think like this. Have fun being what you claim to be against hypocrite.

You don't defeat racism with more racism. Go ahead give me another long winded comment on how white people owe you money racist idiot lol

Muhammad Rasheed - David wrote: "Uh yeah saying you didn't expirence slavery is not irrelevant but a good point as to why you need to shut your entitled mouth."

You're very salty and resentful. people like you are the reason we can't get pass racism. Now it's your turn to grow up, bud. Preferably tonight.

David wrote: "Lol nobody in the usa government has ties to black slavery that is all done. And has been for a long ass time."

Your ridiculous amounts of ignorance must be tied to the fact that you appear to worship money like a filthy pagan. Are you a hoarder? 

David wrote: "An entire race should not be judged/blamed for their ancestors that in itself is racist."

I blame the enitre race because you all want to continue to exploit my people to maintain your plastic racism aristocracy. It's been 400 yrs now and you're still doing it. If you want to be seen in a different light then you need to start acting different.

David wrote: "That's like if my ancestors were killed by a black person so I..."

Please stop. Your analogies are trash gibberish. I doubt they even make sense to you.

David wrote: "You don't defeat racism with more racism."

Demanding an end to systemic racism and achieving the long overdue Reparatory Justice payout is not "racism," silly. it's the very definition of "anti-racism." I can't change your ignorant, uncouth heart, but we can certainly reverse the economic damages.

David Gold - I don't worship money lool just goes to show how willing you are to say anything against me because I'm white and I disagree with you lol. Nobody in the western world is exploiting your people. Grow up. If anybody is, it's case by case and should not be looked at as everyone's fault. Real racism and horrible shit is still very active in third world countries. Focus on those issues, not wah the system is racist because they won't pay me money for things I never had to go through and nobody alive is doing! You can get a job, a house, a car, take out a loan, live next door to me, you have every right I do so shut up. Next, you're gonna say well police target us more and all that old shit. Police are known to abuse their power it happens to everyone. Police pull over and harm and kill white people too. It's not just you. You're not special. My own brother who is white af gets pulled over by the cops all the time for doing nothing but walking home from work. Sure, racism still exists, but it's case by case. Focus on the individual. If you see someone being racist to someone else go ahead kick their ass, I'll join you. But don't feed me this bullshit that systemic racism is still so bad when you can do everything I can do. Do you want equal rights or special treatment?

David Gold - And yes, demanding all white Americans are racist and need to give you money *is* racism. It's judging someone based on the colour of their skin. That is the textbook definition of racism.

Muhammad Rasheed - David wrote: "I don't worship money"

Sure you do. That's why you're going on this vulgar, foul-mouthed tear at just the idea of sharing wealth, land & rule with the Black American former slave class. White men hoard wealth and monopolize government to prevent from sharing money. It's clearly a pagan-based psychosis.

David wrote: "Nobody in the western world is exploiting your people."

Meanwhile, literally everybody in the Western world exploits and plunders my people. We are the go-to bondsman class that built the obscene great wealth of Western Civilization, that's why you don;t want to let us go. You even pulled these seemingly equally greedy Easterners over to help you do it.

David wrote: "You can get a job, a house, a car, take out a loan, live next door to me, you have every right I do so shut up."









Systemic racism hasn't gone anywhere. The only thing that changed are white people pretending they aren't still doing it.

David wrote: "Next, you're gonna say well police target us more and all that old shit."


We have a VERY different relationship with the police than you do. They treat you liek humans who someties commit crimes. They treat us like we ARE crime.

David wrote: "Police are known to abuse their power it happens to everyone."

This is more than just "abuse." Police protect & serve white interests by keeping Black people from rising up the socio-economic ladder. That's what the for-profit prison industry is for... to keep us enslaved to use for convict leasing labor.

David wrote: "Focus on the individual."

No. It isn't an individual level problem, its a systemic level, group terror problem as the links above demonstrate. 

David wrote: "But don't feed me this bullshit that systemic racism is still so bad when you can do everything I can do."

Read the links above and let me know when you are done. Then I will give you more.

David wrote: "Do you want equal rights or special treatment?"

lol Do you think economic equality can be achieved without providing the same massive wealth infusions into Black homes that white have received? What does "equal" mean in your universe?

David wrote: "And yes, demanding all white Americans are racist"

I'm not "demanding" white Americans are racist (whatever that means), I'm pointing out that's how you act. If you don't want to be seen that way, then just stop doing it. 

David wrote: "and need to give you money is racism."

Congress will pay it. Relax. 

David wrote: "It's judging someone based on the colour of their skin."

This hasn't to do with "skin color" and everythig to do with the history of exploitation and plunder based on the targeting of my people along lineage & heritage. You don;t treat the Black immigrants the way you historically treat me.

So have we stopped pretending you aren't a white American now? lol

David Gold - Lol nice documents did you write them all yourself? What a load of shit. Newsflash moron, I'm not hoarding anything from you I am not wealthy I struggle myself lol. I spent the first 20 years of my life in a dead-end town in a falling-apart home with huge mold damage that seriously damaged my immune system permanently. Stop trying to say since I'm white I'm some wealthy hoarder lol. Surprise! You're not the only one who struggles financially and can't get the government to do dick all to help you get out of it. Surprise right? It's as if GASP everyone goes through hardships and you're not a special snowflake just because your skin colour is black. And yes, your assumption that all white people need to pay you for racism is racist. If you see a white person on the street do you believe that that white person has been supporting this government you claim to be exploiting you? Do you believe that that white person owes you reparations for racism? If so, that literally is assuming something based on the colour of their skin. You are so brainwashed by your racist bias that you can't see common sense. Nobody owes you anything you're not some special snowflake that has been victimized. Everyone has hardships everyone experiences people who are racist to them (Hell I'm experiencing it right now you believe without even knowing me or my heritage that I and people like me owe you money just because of the colour of our skin.) And your comment on do you want equality or special treatment is basically just you saying yes I want special treatment I want the economic inequality that happened to us, to happen to you. Again, you don't fight racism with racism. And equality to me means what we already have. I don't care about your fake little pdf documents you downloaded from some far-left bullshit website you can do everything I can do. And sure, you will meet people who treat you like shit for your skin colour and try to rip you off or make life generally hard for you, but so will I. We are both equal. You are just a racist entitled cry baby who can't get over the fact that you share the world with white people now. Get over yourself.

But you obviously aren't listening to reason. Since your apparently a moderator with certainly NO bias at all to other people's political beliefs let's leave this here. Unless you want to ban me for 'hate speech' sorry I disagree with your beliefs but it will be okay I promise it's not the end of the world. Have a nice day:)

Muhammad Rasheed - David wrote: "Lol nice documents did you write them all yourself? [...] I don't care about your fake little pdf documents you downloaded from some far-left bullshit website you can do everything I can do."

I didn't expect you to read them; you're obviously very protective of your uncouth, white racist worldview. I posted them as the documented evidence of the ongoing effects of systemic racism up into the modern day. 

David wrote: "I'm not hoarding anything from you"

Sure you are. That's your demographic's modus operandi.

David wrote: "I am not wealthy I struggle myself"

The median wealth of the average poor white is $17,000. The median of the average poor Black is zero.

David wrote: "I spent the first 20 years of my life in a dead-end town in a falling-apart home with huge mold damage that seriously damaged my immune system permanently."

Where did you get that home from?

David wrote: "Stop trying to say since I'm white I'm some wealthy hoarder lol."

You're wealthier than I am and you are definitely a hoarder. That's why you're so mad at the idea of sharing America with the "despised Negro race" or however way you talk when you're off the mic. lol

David wrote: "You're not the only one who struggles financially and can't get the government to do dick all to help you get out of it."

Stop. Your problem is that you are uncouth, lazy and a barbaric savage who doesn't work well with others. Your problems obviously have nothing to do with race since the system tilts in your ignorant favor.

David wrote: "And your comment on do you want equality or special treatment is basically just you saying yes I want special treatment"

After 400 yrs of being treated like shit to build the greatest, wealthiest nation on earth for your people to strut about like faux-lords, I'm definitely owed special treatment. Right now I'll settle for my Reparations and closing the artificially widened racial wealth gap.

David wrote: "I want the economic inequality that happened to us, to happen to you. Again, you don't fight racism with racism."

You're afraid that if the historic economic imbalance is corrected, that my people will find a way to tip it all the way over until we rule over you. lol Is this the root cause of your psychopathic profane rants? 

David wrote: "And equality to me means what we already have."

Did you drop out of school in kindergarten then, you idiot? 

David wrote: "But you obviously aren't listening to reason."

You literally ignored the list of actual scholarship I linked above and actually expect me to listen to your drunken, white racist hoarder rants. Hilarious.

David wrote: "Since your apparently a moderator with certainly NO bias at all to other people's political beliefs"

Everyone is biased. The difference between us two is that you are biased in favor of pagan white racist hoarding, while I am biased in favor of being finally free of your mammon-worshiping savagery.  

 David wrote: "let's leave this here. Unless you want to ban me for 'hate speech'"

The way you're going on it's just a matter of time before you say it. You know my finger is hovering over the button. ;) lol

David wrote: "sorry I disagree with your beliefs"

I don't care about that. Just stay out of my way when it's time for my Reparations.

David Gold - Say what? Lol just because I disagree with you doesn't make me a racist you idiot. And how exactly do you automatically know you are poorer than me in specific? That's next level narrow mindedness Lol... You aren't owed anything get lost.

David Gold - P.s we 'got that house' because we were a low-income big family and that was the only place cheap enough and big enough to house us. I'll say it again, you aren't the only race that struggles financially get over yourself.

Muhammad Rasheed - They don't give Black families those opportunities. They stuff us in tenements and charge us triple what they charged you.

David Gold - What opportunities? An opportunity to live in a run-down mould-infested home? LOL and again you don't personally know me, or the guy who owned the house so you have no clue what we paid. No clue what I earn. You are just assuming. Again, based on the fact that I am white. Just admit you're a narrow-minded biased racist and get on with your life. You're sitting here same as me, at a computer on Facebook spending hours debating race and you're trying to tell me you have it harder than I do? Get over yourself. If you can afford the internet, the time and money to spend here talking shit you are in the same boat as I am so quit playing the victim.

Muhammad Rasheed - David wrote: "You are just assuming."

You're the one who ignored the scholarship I linked to in preference to believing his own white racist hoarder nonsense, right? Isn't that you?

"Gold, David - White Racist Hoarder." Yeah, that's you.

Shut up.

Muhammad Rasheed - David wrote: "Again, based on the fact that I am white."

Based on the fact that I am of the Black American former slave class, you keep calling me lazy and entitled and you keep dismissing my people's righteous justice claim. You ONLY do that to me because I'm Black.

You would NEVER do that to anyone else. 

David Gold - Nobody else is demanding my race entire race give them money for something our ancestors did.

David Gold - Oh and I don't believe I called you lazy. Entitled yes but lazy no. Stop putting words in my mouth pls:)

David Gold - And again if you're sitting here arguing on fb if you can afford the Internet and the time to do that, you are no worse off than I am. So please, get over yourself and stop playing the victim.

David Gold - And you don't even know my personal ancestors. You are just assuming they were racists because of the color of my skin. Pathetic and judgemental.

Muhammad Rasheed - David wrote: "Nobody else is demanding my race entire race give them money for something our ancestors did."

You didn't think on that one hard enough. Take your time. lol

David wrote: "Oh and I don't believe I called you lazy. Entitled yes but lazy no. Stop putting words in my mouth pls:)"

I'm sure you called us lazy at some point. You've been reading off that same racist script in this thread so far. Or did you realize slavery wouldn't have actually worked if we really were lazy? lol You're probably the first modern racist to put that logic thread together all on your own then.

David wrote: "And again if you're sitting here arguing on fb..."

I ignored you the first time because politics is about uplifting the group. It doesn't matter what individuals are doing. Your efforts to turn a group politics discussion into an individual level one confirms you dropped out of school pretty early. 

David wrote: "and stop playing the victim."

"Playing the victim" is a classic white racist talking point that doesn't mean anything to me. I'm not in your retarded club.

David wrote: "And you don't even know my personal ancestors."

I'm pretty sure sure they were racists. 

David wrote: "You are just assuming they were racists because of the color of my skin."

I'm assuming they were racists because their descendant is a racist hoarding retard. #FellNotFarFromTheTree

 David wrote: "Pathetic and judgemental."

You're the one who decided to get drunk and show his ass online in front of everybody. lol


________________________________
MEDIUM: Scanned pen & ink cartoon drawing w/Adobe Photoshop color.

SUBSCRIBE and receive a FREE! Weapon of the People eBook by M. Rasheed!


Team Bootstraps

Click for Artist's Description

 

CITATION
Rasheed, Muhammad. "Team Bootstraps." Cartoon. The Official Website of Cartoonist M. Rasheed 23 Oct 2020. Pen & ink w/Adobe Photoshop color.


________________________________
MEDIUM: Scanned pen & ink cartoon drawing w/Adobe Photoshop color.

SUBSCRIBE and receive a FREE! Weapon of the People eBook by M. Rasheed!


Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Alternate Reality Within the Whitopia Bubble

 

Click for Artist's Description

CITATION
Rasheed, Muhammad. "Alternate Reality Within the Whitopia Bubble." Cartoon. The Official Website of Cartoonist M. Rasheed 21 Oct 2020. Pen & ink w/Adobe Photoshop color.


________________________________
MEDIUM: Scanned pen & ink cartoon drawing w/Adobe Photoshop color.

SUBSCRIBE and receive a FREE! Weapon of the People eBook by M. Rasheed!


Masters of Self Protection

 

Click for Artist's Description


CITATION
Rasheed, Muhammad. "Masters of Self Protection." Cartoon. The Official Website of Cartoonist M. Rasheed 21 Oct 2020. Pen & ink w/Adobe Photoshop color.


________________________________
MEDIUM: Scanned pen & ink cartoon drawing w/Adobe Photoshop color.

SUBSCRIBE and receive a FREE! Weapon of the People eBook by M. Rasheed!


The Bullying Troll Antics of My Devoted 'Allies'

 

Click for Artist's Description

CITATION
Rasheed, Muhammad. "The Bullying Troll Antics of My Devoted 'Allies'." Cartoon. The Official Website of Cartoonist M. Rasheed 21 Oct 2020. Pen & ink w/Adobe Photoshop color.


Chris Rogers II - Pan Africans and Moors are not the same...

Muhammad Rasheed - True. Unfortunately, they have the same rap when it comes to critiquing the ADOS activists against politically unifying along our unique lineage & heritage, so they function the same.

Chris Rogers II - As a Pan African... I do not agree with that..

Muhammad Rasheed - I appreciate you. I wish your voice was louder in this regard.

Chris Rogers II - now with that said... I don't really agree with the ADOS movement.. because the African American struggle is connected the African struggle across the globe... and I'll be damned if I wave that imperialistic red white and blue flag...

Muhammad Rasheed - The ADOS movement is all about the Black American former slave class politically unifying so we can lobby for Reparations and economic inclusion. If we don't do this, we'll continue to be scattered and exploited by rival groups. It doesn't make sense to be against the ADOS movement unless you aren't ADOS and you just don't want us to succeed as a hostile rival.

Chris Rogers II - Pan Africans believe we should get reparations as well... we also believe in building a self sufficient African economy, organizing and gaining political power that will benefit all peoples of African people across the globe...

The people of the ADOS movement has been hostile to all groups, especially Pan Africans...

Muhammad Rasheed - As soon as we started coming together a few years ago to advocate for ourselves, the immigrant community started attacking us for it and trying to talk us out of it. Many high profile immigrant tied celebrities started falsely calling us "russian bots" trying to smear us and sabotage our movement. They refused to listen to reason and our arguments in trying to defend ourselves are now being considered attacks against THEM. This is unacceptible.

ADOS doesn't have a problem with other Black nationalities getting their rightful reparations from the specific European governments they were colonized by, but the USA Reparations is for us under our own specific justice claim. trying to force your way into our claim just looks like you're shooting a move in a confidence scam.

Chris Rogers II - Can't expect these white people to give us money... that is unlikely to happen.. A unified african people is the only way for African people to get free.. all of our cultures and struggles are intertwined. no need to seperate that on any level..

Muhammad Rasheed - Your message appears to be that I shouldn't try to do what my white supremacist enemy is working to prevent me from doing.

My rival Black diaspora groups are already separate; they proudly rep the national flags of the colonized countries of their birth while hypocritically scowling at me for repping my own national flag. That kind of contradictory mix-messaging -- combined with their Day One hostility when they saw me finally unifying to fight for my own ethnic group's needs by pressuring my own government -- makes it difficult to take what you say at face value. 

Chris Rogers II - I didn't say anything of those things.... but that flag you wave, with those european imperialistic colors do not represent me or the black people of this nation.. They represent the british and european americans that went around the world enslaving and killing our people

There are no rival groups... we're all one people.. no need to be decisive.. our struggles and cultures are too intertwined to seperate us..

Muhammad Rasheed - Chris wrote: "I didn't say anything of those things...."

Sure, you did. Why hide from it now? Because you don;t like the way it sounds when I rephrase it in straight talk? Why?

Chris wrote: "but that flag you wave, with those european imperialistic colors do not represent me or the black people of this nation."

Yes, it does. Becuse the Black American descendants of slavery built this nation and fought in every single war. It's soil was baptized in our blood, sweat & tears. This is my country, both the good and the bad.

Chris wrote: "They represent the british and european americans that went around the world enslaving and killing our people"

The colors that the rest of the Black diaspora proudly represent parallel the same. How come those flags don't piss you off just as much?

Chris wrote: "There are no rival groups..."

They ACT like rival groups. They called me a "russian bot" for literally doing nothing but advocating for my ethnic group's needs. Does that sound like my friend & brother to you?

Chris Rogers II - I never told you to stop fighting for what you believe in... what are you talking about..

but more power to you black man... keep waiving you red white and blue flag... we have our own flag... The Pan African flag that was designed for us by us and represent the unity of African people world wide...

Most of the flags flown in the diaspora have been changed, some haven't because those countries are still external members of their enslaved countries (with the exception of Haiti) and yes, I'm offended by any red, white and blue flag... our forefather were enslaved, raped and killed under those colors.. we've fought in these wars with the promise of freedom, not because our people loved this country.. black people join the military for a better life, as my mother did... but to sit here and say that white people flag represent us is a fallacy..

Muhammad Rasheed - I built this country and have lived here for 400 yrs. It's not a "white people flag."

You're giving them too much power and handing over our contributions to them. THAT'S the fallacy.

I used to care about pan-africanism, until these rival groups showed their true colors when they saw me fighting for myself as a unified political group.

Chris Rogers II - I don't understand why you're referring to other African people as rivals? That's nothing but division and hate.. Pan Africans are about unity and love.. togetherness, community and family... not competing against each other as these Europeans have programmed us to do...

Muhammad Rasheed - Because they ACT like rivals. It doesn't matter what you say when actions speak far louder than empty rhetoric.

You don't get to call me a "russian bot" on behalf of white supremacy, just for advocating for my group's specific needs from my own governmnet, and pretend to be my friend at the same time.

Chris Rogers II - But the fact is the russians troll farms has used the moniker #ADOS to infiltrate and misinform the black community.. that is a fact and that has happened..

Nobody out here acting like rivals... Pan Africans are out here building schools and communities and unifying black people around the world with our hands in nearly every struggle, trying to better our people's situation


Muhammad Rasheed - Chris wrote: "Nobody out here acting like rivals..."

You're LITERALLY acting like my rival by being against #ADOS. That's what a rival would do. #ADOS is in my ethnic group's best interest -- me fighting for me -- but you hate that. Like a rival. Make it make sense.

Chris wrote: "Pan Africans are out here [...] trying to better our people's situation"

The pan-africanists have not bettered my sitiuation as the Black American former slave class group. I'm worse off now than I was 50 yrs ago. So you've been bettering everybody but me and at my expense.

Chris Rogers II - look at our statements...

I'm using a lot of we and us ... I'm speaking on unity and bringing people together...
you're using a lot of I and myself statements... very self centered.. very divisive

that's why ADOS is a dying "movement"

Muhammad Rasheed - There's chapters in every major city, awareness is spreading, numbers are growing, and we're getting laws passed through the force of our grassroots pressure on the government... which is what we SHOULD have been doing the last 50 yrs instead of allowing ourselves to be played by that pan-african confidence trick.

What does "dying" mean in your universe?

Muhammad Rasheed - Your rhetoric is shallow with nothing to back it up.

Chris Rogers II - Listen.. I'm not here to be battling and going to war with my people or to argue.. thats not my style and that not the Pan African way... I'm not even on here speaking rhetoric or using talking points.. I haven't opened up one book on this thread.. . I don't need to do any of that.. I'm here having a conversation about unity and bringing people together... none of this divisive talk.. Pan African confidence trick? dude.. we got schools and communities out here... The RBG flag is being flown in almost every country..

I'm done tho... be blessed beloved.

Muhammad Rasheed - Chris wrote: "I'm not even on here speaking rhetoric or using talking points."

Meanwhile, that's all you did. 

Telling the Black American former slave class not to stand up and politically unify for himself in his own country is doing the white supremacist's work for him. It makes you my rival at best, and the dedicated support class of my enemy at worst. You've certainly said a lot during this conversation, but your actions as a pan-africanist have proven you are against my political and economic empowerment and you always have been.

Chris Rogers II - I didn't say none of that and I am not against your political and economic development..

What are you talking about..

Muhammad Rasheed - And you think it's funny, which is probably the most honest you've been yet.

Chris Rogers II - I think its funny that you're putting words in my mouth...

I have no idea what you're talking about ...

Muhammad Rasheed - Chris wrote: "I am not against your political and economic development."

#ADOS is for my political and economic development and uplift, and yet you have NOTHING but negative to say about it.

Somewhere there's a discrepency.

Chris Rogers II - only thing I said about it ADOS is that its a dying "movement"

outside of that... I haven't said one thing about ADOS ..

o and I talked that red white and blue flag..

Muhammad Rasheed - So you spoke death over the growing movement, and you said you didn't agree with it because you don't like Old Glory.

Is this supposed to make me ignore the negative effects of your pan-africanism upon my community during the 'integration' era's half century of political disenfranchisement and increased poverty?

Chris Rogers II - Okay... so...

You're speaking about the civil rights movement and not UNIA or Marcus Garvey and we're just going to ignore the intellectual works of Pan Africans such as WEB du Bois and Booker T Washington? Or ignore the work of Stockley Carmichael and the Brother Huey P Newton and Black Panthers.. Pan African and Pan African leaders made the most contributions in this country to better out people... and Pan Africanism is pro segregation

Muhammad Rasheed - lol Yes, I am going to ignore the activism of the leaders of the civil rights era, because the 2nd and 3rd tier "leaders" who survived J. Edgar Hoover's assassination era were nothing like those leaders and were CLEARLY compromised by Western intelligence. That's why your pan-africanist confience trick has literally done nothing at all for the ADOS community during the entirety of so-called 'Integration.'

Mark Obbanya - Never heard a U.S.-born ADOS refer to a group as “you lot.” Who wrote that dialogue?

Muhammad Rasheed - So all Black Americans across the country in all regional dialects sound the same when they talk, huh, "Obbanya?"

Does that conflict with your ADOS mimicry training?


Mark Obbanya - Of course not. I asked you a question. You didn’t answer it. And why is my name in quotes?

Muhammad Rasheed - Because your question was insulting by its nature, and the fact that your last name appears to be African language derived provides insight into why you would ask it.

Especially now, in this clime and in this thread.

Muhammad Rasheed - "Of course not" conflicts with the spirit of your original question.

Mark Obbanya - Take it how you like. I’m the child of an African-born African and a U.S.-born ADOS. I’ve done lots of traveling within and without the U.S. My question was based on my own life experience and I don’t assume that it’s everyone’s. I have seen many many U.K.-educated Africans weighing in on U.S. politics in social media lately. But you’re insulted? I’m not out here trying to sow discord, bruh. Relax and answer the question.

Muhammad Rasheed - Your question was based on an anecdotal logical fallacy. 

#ADOS isn't trying to sow discord, but only to unify the Black American former slave class for effective radical political activism so our special interest group can pressure our government for our long overdue debt and economic inclusion.

For some reason the immigrant community has a severe problem with this goal of ours, that is none of their business, and have been attacking us continuously in the 3 yrs since the #ADOS movement's founding.

Muhammad Rasheed - Your question is insulting by its nature, and I've dismissed it out of hand.

Please go away.

Mark Obbanya - All of that might be true. And you might also be both over-analyzing and over-reacting. LOL. You posted content to be seen, read, and commented on. That’s the page purpose and format. I didn’t critique ADOS movement goals or any of that...but if I had, that’s an inherent part of creating and sharing political art with humans. My experience is not an immigrants so address that with someone who is. Culturally, I am ADOS. And right now you are responding to my comment thread, remember?

All because the dialogue didn’t ring true. Self-editing your own work is great for ego...not so much for effective messaging though. You went on a rant. I would have come directly to the point had you not turned it into a conversation. For all I know there’s a U.S. region where American descendants of enslaved Africans use vernacular like “you lot”...real talk. Or maybe there’s not, but you spent formative years in Liverpool and some of the colloquialisms stuck even after you got back stateside...this is real shit. Maybe the art was commissioned for a Londoner? I could respect all of that. It was a valid question.  

I write, Black man. I’m on a page about art and writing. Get off my response if you don’t like participation. It’s not personal. We don’t know each other.

Muhammad Rasheed - Mark wrote: "All of that might be true.” 

It is true. 

Mark wrote: "And you might also be both over-analyzing and over-reacting.” 

I am not. 

Mark wrote: "LOL.” 

Ha ha.

Mark wrote: "You posted content to be seen, read, and commented on.”

I sure did. 

Mark wrote: "That’s the page purpose and format.” 

Imagine that? 

Mark wrote: "I didn’t critique ADOS movement goals or any of that...” 

Sure, you did. Questioning the authenticity of the verbiage was your passive-aggressive way of doing so. 

Mark wrote: "but if I had, that’s an inherent part of creating and sharing political art with humans.” 

Yeah? 

Mark wrote: "My experience is not an immigrants so address that with someone who is.” 

You admitted you hold immigrant ties. Passive-aggressive and even more froggy online responses to the movement most often come from people with immigrant ties. 

Mark wrote: "Culturally, I am ADOS.” 

lol Culturally, you are a caricature of what you believe is ADOS based on your original comment. 

Mark wrote: "And right now you are responding to my comment thread, remember?” 

Right now you are commenting underneath my cartoon.    

Mark wrote: "All because the dialogue didn’t ring true.” 

Didn’t ring true to what? A “black character” script written by a room of white Jewish writers that you’ve apparently studied to gain Black American authenticity? Did you attend the same training  course Obama did? 

Mark wrote: "Self-editing your own work is great for ego...not so much for effective messaging though.” 

You’re saying that because I didn’t make the dialogue “ring true” to ears of an immigrant-tied, passive-aggressive dude who resents the idea of ADOS political empowerment, that the message wasn’t effective. smh 

Mark wrote: "You went on a rant. I would have come directly to the point had you not turned it into a conversation.” 

Your style is “passive-aggressive,” so coming to the point appears to be beyond your powers.

 Mark wrote: "For all I know there’s a U.S. region where American descendants of enslaved Africans use vernacular like ‘you lot’...real talk.” 

Or maybe the individual artist just wrote it that way because he felt like writing it that way drawn from the pool of his own personal literary and cultural influences and interests. *shrug*   

Mark wrote: "Or maybe there’s not, but you spent formative years in Liverpool and some of the colloquialisms stuck even after you got back stateside...this is real shit. Maybe the art was commissioned for a Londoner? I could respect all of that. It was a valid question.” 

Okay. Is this the “I would have come directly to the point” part that you should have led with in the beginning? lol It seems like it. Next time just make a habit of getting to the point. That’ll be great. 

No, it wasn’t commissioned by a Londoner. I wrote it. No, I never spent time in Liverpool. 

Mark wrote: "I write, Black man.” 

So, everyone who writes does so exactly the same way from the exact same pool of influences and the exact same templates then? Because I’m pretty sure that’s not the case. 

Mark wrote: "I’m on a page about art and writing. Get off my response if you don’t like participation.” 

Here’s the thing: You don’t get to determine how I respond to comments under my cartoons. If your comment came across a certain way, and I respond back to it in kind, then that’s that. That’s the reality of the participation.  We can choose to walk it done until a point of civil understanding is reached and we both discover that you should have just led with your ‘Liverpool’ question to begin with, or not. lol 

Mark wrote: "It’s not personal. We don’t know each other.” 

Does it have to be?  I ‘Blocked’ my own brother for being a jackass…

Maksim Izimov - It's like complaining about having no money but refusing to work for it...

Muhammad Rasheed - How?

Maksim Izimov - You have people who complain, and people who actually do something about it.

Muhammad Rasheed - The #ADOS political unification movement has built grassroot organizations in every major US city within th elast thre years of its founding and has pressured local government for long overdue policies that the previous generation dropped the ball on. We definitely are doing something about the problems.

Your comments seem to be woefully uninformed as well as mysteriously hostile to Black people. Please explain.

Maksim Izimov - First I'm not being hostile to anyone. I'm more curious about what you have done not the ADOS...

Muhammad Rasheed - The entire point of the cartoon and the accompanying thread discussion is political, specifically the political uplift of an entire special interest group with an estimated 32 million population. The reason US citizens do politics is for the economic uplift of the group, not at the individual level.

I don't know how politics functions in Russia, but here your attempt to make this about me functions as a misdirection/deflection attempt in a thread about group politics.

Maksim Izimov - Ok I'm done...

Michael Forsyth - There are a lot of advantages to all Black Americans uniting regardless of their backgrounds. There's only one advantage to descendants of slaves carving out a separate identity and that is the possibility that somewhere down the line those of us who can prove our ancestry will get reparations checks from the government. But there is no reason to believe that white Americans will ever agree to pay out trillions of dollars for that!

Muhammad Rasheed - There are no advantages for a politically disunited and economically excluded ADOS inside of a united Black diaspora. It would mean the other Black ethnic groups, who ARE united as independent political identity groups, would exploit us and make us the bondsman mule class, the same way the Democratic Party rival liberal groups treat us now.

Beyond advocating for Reparations and our economic uplift, there are obvious advantages for ADOS to remain a politically unified group lobbying for our unique needs along our lineage & heritage. The fact that every single African immigrant group has a separarate nationality/ethnicity centered sub-immigrant association organization to lobby for their specific needs is the clue to this fact.

Michael Forsyth -As for "militant" blacks on social media encouraging us to withhold our votes on Election Day. Vladimir Putin and Donald Trump send their thanks.

Muhammad Rasheed - Michael wrote: "encouraging us to withhold our vote on election day"

Who is "us?"

If you hold immigrant ties and/or are homosexual, then you will probably benefit from the Biden/Harris ticket. It is only the Black American former slave class that they snub, exploit and abuse. This is the group I'm advising to vote Democratic Party down ballot with a focused vote boycott strategy. This is the group that needs to do something different or we will only continue to be snubbed, exploited and abused in the system with no end in sight until we are eventually returned to shackles "for our own good." We cannot afford to blindly vote party as usual with nothing in return and must do something different. You have provided zero insights in this regard, and your "advice" will only further hurt us.

________________________________
MEDIUM: Scanned pen & ink cartoon drawing w/Adobe Photoshop color.

SUBSCRIBE and receive a FREE! Weapon of the People eBook by M. Rasheed!


Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Schooling the Dormant Big Voice

 

Click for Artist's Description - Free Access!


CITATION
Rasheed, Muhammad. "Schooling the Dormant Big Voice." Cartoon. The Official Website of Cartoonist M. Rasheed 20 Oct 2020. Pen & ink w/Adobe Photoshop color.


Mo'Nique (therealmoworldwide) - SHOW US! OUR SISTER IS THE EPITOME OF BEAUTY, GRACE, ENDURANCE, & STRENGTH. We so appreciate YOU We Love You 2 LIFE





Muhammad Rasheed - She would look even MORE fabulous if she'd spent her professional politician career fighting to achieve Reparations and economic inclusion for the Black American descendants of slavery. Beauty sits better on a brave hero with integrity. Right, Mo'Nique? *wink*

Mo'Nique (therealmoworldwide) - @Muhammad... Hey beautiful brother. I’m not sure what your speaking about, however I want to tell you what I know. I remember going to her school MAXINE WATERS EMPLOYMENT PREPARATION CENTER in the heart of our neighborhood helping our folks get back on their feet. When I tell you the words they spoke about our sister and they way she loved on them. Not only did they tell me, I saw it with MY EYES! And yes BEAUTY does sit better on a brave hero with integrity. For me my beautiful brother her name is MAXINE WATERS. And remember this. SHE CAN’T FIGHT ALONE

Muhammad Rasheed - Mo'Nique wrote: "I'm not sure what you're speaking about..."

My beautiful sister, I'm speaking about the fact that the reason we have political representation is for the economic uplift of the GROUP, and yet the Black American former slave class continues to find ourselves MORE disenfranchised and MORE artificially impoverished after 50+ yrs of the "Assimilated Integration" grift scheme than we were before it. The CBC has demonstrably fought for every Democratic Party special interest group except for us... we have yet to become economically included into the competitive wealth-building ownership class (Comcast and the SCOTUS just tried to return us to slavery!) and the Reparations needle hadn't moved at all under the CBC's "leadership" -- it took the 3 yr old grassroots #ADOS movement to force it to move, with zero help from Waters and her CBC cohorts.

Politics is not a beauty pageant, it's a series of high-stakes power moves that are supposed to help all of us.

I love you, Mo'Nique. Thanks for reading my rant. I appreciate you. Please continue to unapologetically speak TRUTH. God bless.


Mo'Nique (therealmoworldwide) - @Muhammad... Hey my baby. Thank you so much for sharing this information. Now we have to ask our community how did we help to get things done. We can’t elect them just sit back and don’t get into our business of our community. I heard our sister one time and she said, y’all always say to me Maxine go get them and go get that, and she said but what you doing. We have to do this together. I appreciate this conversation brother. We need so much more of this. WE HAVE TO COME TOGETHER. UNITED TOGETHER. I love you good brother

Muhammad Rasheed - 'Better late than never,' as the saying goes. That's exactly what the American Descendants of Slavery (#ADOS) grassroots political unification movement is all about. With chapters in every major city across the country, we're now awakening politically to enfranchise and pressure our government to commit to our Reparatory Justice program and the Black Political Agenda. I know you're busy, my dear Lady Mo'Nique, but please familiarize yourself with the material and lend your potent voice to this very real resurrection of the movement of Dr. King for the long overdue economic empowerment of our people. God bless you. https://ados101.com

Mo'Nique (therealmoworldwide) - @Muhammad... Hey my brother. I will definitely educate myself on ADOS. Thanks for sharing and thanks for being a grown up. Lol!

Muhammad Rasheed - Thank you so much for giving me your precious, high-dollar attention. It means a lot. <3

Mo'Nique (therealmoworldwide) - @Muhammad... LOVE YOUR WORK!

Muhammad Rasheed - Thank youuuu!



See Also:




________________________________
MEDIUM: Scanned pen & ink cartoon drawing w/Adobe Photoshop color.

SUBSCRIBE and receive a FREE! Weapon of the People eBook by M. Rasheed!


OPERATION: Disrupt Lawful Insurgency

 

Click for Artist's Description


CITATION
Rasheed, Muhammad. "OPERATION: Disrupt Lawful Insurgency." Cartoon. The Official Website of Cartoonist M. Rasheed 20 Oct 2020. Pen & ink w/Adobe Photoshop color.


________________________________
MEDIUM: Scanned pen & ink cartoon drawing w/Adobe Photoshop color.

SUBSCRIBE and receive a FREE! Weapon of the People eBook by M. Rasheed!


Sunday, October 18, 2020

A Special Category of Racist

 

Click for Artist's Description


CITATION
Rasheed, Muhammad. "A Special Category of Racist." Cartoon. The Official Website of Cartoonist M. Rasheed 18 Oct 2020. Pen & ink w/Adobe Photoshop color.


________________________________
MEDIUM: Scanned pen & ink cartoon drawing w/Adobe Photoshop color.

SUBSCRIBE and receive a FREE! Weapon of the People eBook by M. Rasheed!


Saturday, October 17, 2020

Silencing the People's Loudest Voice

 

Click for Artist's Description


CITATION
Rasheed, Muhammad. "Silencing the People's Loudest Voice." Cartoon. The Official Website of Cartoonist M. Rasheed 18 Oct 2020. Pen & ink w/Adobe Photoshop color.


________________________________
MEDIUM: Scanned pen & ink cartoon drawing w/Adobe Photoshop color.

SUBSCRIBE and receive a FREE! Weapon of the People eBook by M. Rasheed!


Admonishing the Captured Electorate

 

Click for Artist's Description


CITATION
Rasheed, Muhammad. "Admonishing the Captured Electorate." Cartoon. The Official Website of Cartoonist M. Rasheed 18 Oct 2020. Pen & ink w/Adobe Photoshop color.


________________________________
MEDIUM: Scanned pen & ink cartoon drawing w/Adobe Photoshop color.

SUBSCRIBE and receive a FREE! Weapon of the People eBook by M. Rasheed!


Fightin' Dirty

 

Click for Artist's Description


CITATION
Rasheed, Muhammad. "Fightin' Dirty." Cartoon. The Official Website of Cartoonist M. Rasheed 18 Oct 2020. Pen & ink w/Adobe Photoshop color.


Muhammad Rasheed - Even though Muhammad Ali’s punching power was such that the accumulation of vicious combinations enabled him to precisely time the rounds in which early opponents would fall, ending his career with an impressive 66% knockout rate, he isn’t formally considered a big puncher in the popular press for a few reasons:
  1. The “theater of the unexpected,” as the professional boxing game is fondly named, follows a loosely-scripted narrative driven by the sports press, not dissimilar to the more heavily-scripted one used within the professional wrestling circus. Composed of crowned favorite pound-for-pound kings, heroes and villains playing out their forced mythological dramas within the kingdom of the squared circle, the popular press not only determines the nature of the story itself, but the rules and metrics by which the athletes and their awesome skills and feats should be measured. In the case of which “theater actor” is considered a big puncher or not, for the most part the press reserves the quasi-arbitrary prestigious honor for those fighters who routinely knockout opponents with the stunning melodrama inherent by doing so with but a single blow, with some caveat.
  2. Even though the official sport of professional boxing is supposed to show two high-skilled athletes at the top of their game, battling to determine which is the best in a public demonstration of the ‘sweet science’ — the close combat fisticuffs art of inflicting punishment upon the opponent while receiving little to no damage in return — the ongoing scripted narrative of the press finds little worth in what is actually real. Illogically holding great disdain for the high level chess match between two technically proficient boxers, the storytellers prefer that the theater actors ignore the actual skills part and hope that they just get in there throwing wild haymakers, in what amounts to little more than a controlled drunken bar brawl. The theater plays for an unsophisticated audience that is mostly ignorant of the functioning of the ‘sweet science,’ so little credit is given to the superior abilities of an actual boxer (“All he did was run!” “He was so boring!”), to instead favor the idiot crowd pleasing, scar-faced, rough-n-tumble performances of the puncher. Muhammad Ali—with his ‘dancing butterfly’ style on an unmarred pretty face—of course, stood proudly as an example of the former.
  3. By its nature, the sport of boxing has always been heavily divisive on the socio-political level, with the cheering fandom enthusiastically choosing sides along neighborhood, state, national, ethnic and especially race-based lines. Driven completely by the economic monopoly of the white aristocracy, the mainstream sports press nearly always leans in the direction of boxing’s Caucasian figures, not only blatantly favoring them to win, but to uphold them as the preferred face of the heroes of the theater’s scripted tale. By default, the black American descendants of slavery boxers are the bad guys, or at best tolerated stand-ins for “real” champions as long as they adhere to the archaic Black Code jim crow era rules for “staying in their place” while representing America (see: Joe Louis; Floyd Patterson; Joe Frazier).

    Along with this normalized prejudice against black fighters, comes the nigh-obligatory nit-picking of dominant black American champions to somehow prove how they aren’t reeeeally all THAT great (see: criticisms of Muhammad Ali; Floyd Mayweather, Jr.). Equally downplaying weaknesses and covering over the blaring faults of their white fighter counterparts to artificially elevate their manufactured “greatness” (see: Rocky Marciano; Arturo Gatti; Wladimir Klitschko), black fighters receive no such covering, and when they do miraculously receive well-earned honor begrudgingly from a scowling white press, it’s due to their literally triumphing over undeniably insurmountable odds that play out before the world according to the rules of the very melodramatic script the same press concocted in the first place (“Don’t hate the player, hate the game!”).

In short, Muhammad Ali isn’t considered a big puncher because he isn’t white and brand new rules were invented to dull his shine to keep the disappointed white fans — who are viciously uninterested in hearing the ballads of dominant black champions sang and much prefer to hear of the heroism of a Great White Hope in his place — from withdrawing their dollar. Know ye that if Ali were white, he would absolutely be considered a big puncher for his youthful ‘calling the round’ feats alone.

________________________________
MEDIUM: Scanned pen & ink cartoon drawing w/Adobe Photoshop color.

SUBSCRIBE and receive a FREE! Weapon of the People eBook by M. Rasheed!


Humorous Confirmation Bias

 

Click for Artist's Description


CITATION
Rasheed, Muhammad. "Humorous Confirmation Bias." Cartoon. The Official Website of Cartoonist M. Rasheed 18 Oct 2020. Pen & ink w/Adobe Photoshop color.


Muhammad Rasheed - Although I've seen clips of it over the years, I never got around to watching the Boondocks tv show, despite initially intending to do so when I heard the early buzz. Skip-jump up to today and I'm not likely to follow up on that. 

No one quotes and shares clips from that show more often than my white supremacist argument opponents and that's a problem to me. Remember, it was the "N1993rs vs Black People" bit that took Chris Rock into crossover super-stardom, but he later expressed regret for it because of how the delighted white racist community responded to it. The same for Dave Chappelle during a moment on his celebrated show when he realized he may have been irresponsible with some of the jokes based on how certain gleefully wild-eyed white people offset were laughing AT him and not WITH him. 

It's pretty clear that the process of transforming Aaron McGruder's popular syndicated comic strip into the animated corporate product severely compromised it in the name of "universal appeal." For example, my latest white supremacist debate opponent even said that my Weapon of the People: DECODED editorial cartoons are shitty because they aren't "balanced out" and that I should "at the very least show some black people being jerks [to white people], like other black media has.“

"Universal appeal" in this case obviously means to pretend we live in a "post-racial" America and racial equality has already been achieved at all levels. Combined with the few clips I've seen where the Boondocks show took what I considered unfair potshots that I just 100% disagreed with and don't share the same opinion of, it means I'm not likely to develop the motivation to ever give that show a shot. Instead, I'll probably purchase collections of Aaron's old comic strip to show my support for his genius.

Jay Kelley - Now you've gone and done it...

Muhammad Rasheed - Ya love that show, do ya? lol

Jay Kelley - Yeah. That's why your piece hits so hard. I realize you're correct. I don't want to agree with you, but reason has a mind of it's own. God forbid it, but I think you're right...

Jay Kelley - But Rasheed, you have to admit the show has it's moments. 


Muhammad Rasheed - I'm sure the show had great moments, just like it's impossible not to listen to that infamous bit from Chris Rock and not laugh. It IS funny.

I'm just saying that version of McGruder's vision just isn't for me.

Jay Kelley - I prefer the comic strip to the show.

FunqSir - @Muhammad... Never saw a full show of  Boondocks either. I could tell from some McGruder interviews tho...that he was occasionally "lost at sea". He had "made it " in white media... and to borrow a baseball analogy couldn't throw strikes anymore. I'm sure other blk. celebs are there too.

Muhammad Rasheed - Yeah. That's why he started looking disheveled and developed an alcohol problem. Wrestling with Hollywood is apparently as stressful as being POTUS.

ados_warrior - Yeah I watched this show on its premiere date and never watched again.


________________________________
MEDIUM: Scanned pen & ink cartoon drawing w/Adobe Photoshop color.

SUBSCRIBE and receive a FREE! Weapon of the People eBook by M. Rasheed!