Saturday, February 16, 2019

The Quasi-Amusing End of the Attention Whore

Click for Artist's Description


 ________________________________
MEDIUM: Scanned pen & ink cartoon drawing w/Adobe Photoshop color.

SUBSCRIBE and receive a FREE! Weapon of the People eBook by M. Rasheed!












Save up to 75% on art & craft supplies

SuppliesOutlet - Ink & Toner Cartridges


Challenging God Empty-Handed



Anonymous - If you died and went to hell for your atheism would you regret it?

Muhammad Rasheed - If I should reject Al-Islam—the religion aligned to the revealed message of the One God of Abraham as taught by the illiterate Arab Muhammad ibn Abdullah (peace be upon the prophets!)—then die in the doomed state of a ‘transgressor of faith’ and find myself condemned to hell, I would indeed regret my decision to reject my Guardian Lord in exchange for an empty ‘freedom’ based on the pathetically poor limits of modern day atheism’s “intellectual” rhetoric.

Unlike my fellow Quorans who have also answered the question from the atheist’s perspective, I do not approach the material from a typical rejected Pauline Christian doctrinal background, with its package of poorly researched understandings and endless strawman effigies. Islam’s greatest strength is that it holds the final revealed scripture of the One God as its central text; the Qur’an addresses many of the points that the average Christian-derived atheist feels the need to guess at. If I reject God it wouldn’t be because I was swayed to arguments of the body of atheist literature, since I find their arguments narrow-minded, silly, full of wild speculations and unjustified in the arrogance in which they are presented. If I became an atheist it would be only because I tragically betrayed my soul and succumbed to my own foolish personal weaknesses, not because I no longer believed God was God.

 ________________________________
MEDIUM: Scanned pen & ink cartoon drawing w/Adobe Photoshop color.

SUBSCRIBE and receive a FREE! Weapon of the People eBook by M. Rasheed!












Save up to 75% on art & craft supplies

SuppliesOutlet - Ink & Toner Cartridges


Friday, February 15, 2019

Establishing the New Normal

Click for Artist's Description
Frank Gelly - What’s the difference between racism and cultural appropriation?

Muhammad Rasheed - Racism is an economic system that subjugates a group targeted by racial phenotype to exploit/plunder them to feed to a favored group chosen along racial phenotype.

Cultural appropriation is one of the traits of exploitation/plunder used by the favored oppressor racial group.

 ________________________________
MEDIUM: Scanned pen & ink cartoon drawing w/Adobe Photoshop color.

SUBSCRIBE and receive a FREE! Weapon of the People eBook by M. Rasheed!












Save up to 75% on art & craft supplies

SuppliesOutlet - Ink & Toner Cartridges


Thursday, February 14, 2019

A Self-Serving Claim of Progress

Click for Artist's Description

A new cartoon featuring Mrs. PhDology!

 ________________________________
MEDIUM: Scanned pen & ink cartoon drawing w/Adobe Photoshop color.

SUBSCRIBE and receive a FREE! Weapon of the People eBook by M. Rasheed!












Save up to 75% on art & craft supplies

SuppliesOutlet - Ink & Toner Cartridges


Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Taking Your Enemy as Teacher and Friend

Click for Artist's Description

Anonymous - What sucks about being a black person?

Muhammad Rasheed - The centuries of domestic terror and psychological warfare inflicted upon the Black American ethnic group has damaged us to the point of routine, uncritical acceptance of the opinions of diabolical Eurocentric white supremacists to our detriment. We remain subjugated in a state ripe for exploitation and plunder for no other reason than because we accept their word as true when we literally have zero reason to do so.

Personally, this is the worst thing about being a member of the Black community. I LOVE my people, but we MUST shake that off of us that we may fight the good fight and become truly free.

 ________________________________
MEDIUM: Scanned pen & ink cartoon drawing w/Adobe Photoshop color.

SUBSCRIBE and receive a FREE! Weapon of the People eBook by M. Rasheed!












Save up to 75% on art & craft supplies

SuppliesOutlet - Ink & Toner Cartridges


Tuesday, February 12, 2019

The Fantastical Delusions of Universal Dominion

Click for Artist's Description


Jerry CatesJoshua Walters's answer to Would you rather have to fight a saltwater crocodile or a great white Shark?

I am always amazed at the irrational fear sharks invoke in most people. “DON’T SWIM IN THE OCEAN, A SHARK WILL EAT YOU!” is a reoccurring theme with the general public despite the facts. You are far more likely to be struck by lightning then to be bit, much less killed by a shark. Great answer by the way, love the pics and captions.

Muhammad Rasheed - "Irrational fear...?"

It's a giant mouth with 90 rows of saw blades for teeth held together by a ton of muscle.

Jerry Cates - Yes it is irrational.

People how are afraid of swimming in the ocean because of sharks are being irrational. Dispute what you see in movies, sharks do not “hunt" humans. Millions of people flock to the oceans every year to swim, surf and play in the water. How many shark attacks are there per year? Look it up. Furthermore how many deaths? If they were so intent on eating you, don't you think more would die from shark attacks? While you're at it, look up the numbers on traffic deaths, murders or even being struck by lightning, those are things you should be worried about. Bees & wasps kill far more people than sharks do. Yes, fear of swimming because of sharks is irrational.

Muhammad Rasheed - You don’t think it’s rational to fear a giant toothy mouth that could casually kill you by accident? lol

That kind of attitude seems irrational to me. We have our fear sense for basic self-preservation reasons. So we don’t go into the ocean hugging super-powerful apex-predators that can casually kill us by accident.

Jerry Cates - You misunderstand my comment. if I were to see a Great White while I was in the water, there would be fear and a great deal of respect for I would be in it’s realm. That being said, I would also dearly love to see one. Anytime one does something dangerous there is always a bit of fear, overcoming that fear is part of the thrill.

My comment was that someone who fears the ocean because there may be a shark lurking under the waves just waiting to eat them….THAT is an irrational fear. It also keeps people like that from enjoying life. Not that I mind, it keeps the ocean a little less crowded for the rest of us.

Muhammad Rasheed - I get you, Jerry. I think the missed-message conflict here is the difference between a healthy fear that prevents a rational person from violating reasonable, inherent risk response plans versus the thrill-seeker’s culture of routinely overriding that fear to explore potentially dangerous situations so often that it becomes “irrational” to not behave that way to the participants. I do think it’s cool that you brave the Big Blue to see such sights with your own eyes, but I also think it is irrational to actually think it is irrational for others not in that club to have a fear of that fundamentally alien environment that happens to be wrapped in centuries of “Jaws” propaganda. It is 100% rational to fear the ocean in that way when we’ve been programmed for generations to fear it. First, deprogram the people, then if they hold onto an actual phobia once they know better, then we can consider the fear over-the-top and irrational.

 ________________________________
MEDIUM: Scanned pen & ink cartoon drawing w/Adobe Photoshop color.

SUBSCRIBE and receive a FREE! Weapon of the People eBook by M. Rasheed!












Save up to 75% on art & craft supplies

SuppliesOutlet - Ink & Toner Cartridges


Monday, February 11, 2019

Voice of the Blind

Click for Artist's Description


 ________________________________
MEDIUM: Scanned pen & ink cartoon drawing w/Adobe Photoshop color.

SUBSCRIBE and receive a FREE! Weapon of the People eBook by M. Rasheed!












Save up to 75% on art & craft supplies

SuppliesOutlet - Ink & Toner Cartridges


Sunday, February 10, 2019

Unworthy: Warriors of the Bad Fight

Click for Artist's Description

Joel Comm‏ - Being offended is so 2018. Get over it.



Muhammad Rasheed‏ - "What kind of America is this where I'm the one considered 'wrong' if I call a bunch of defenseless blackies 'n1993rs'? They should thank me for acknowledging them and grin and applaud!"

Joel Comm‏ - Thank you for proving my point. You can’t tell the difference between someone deliberately being mean or vile, and a joke. #smh

Muhammad Rasheed - Was that your point? Because I was merely illustrating the point of the meme quote 'in character' and you seem to have gotten offended by it. I thought we were BOTH joking.

Your triggered reaction leaves me in doubt that you were joking. Explain.

Joel Comm‏ - I wasn’t offended. I think you missed the point completely. Carlin wasn’t talking about being a racist idiot. He was talking about having to watch our speech for fear of what others might say or think. Especially as a comedian.

Muhammad Rasheed
- I didn't miss Carlin's point, Joel. The point of my illustrative sketch is that only a very specific demographic of the populace complains about political correctness.

They're the folk whose BEST humor involves the 'n-word' and wearing blackface. Everyone else just adjusted.

Joel Comm - Ah, I see. You went to the ironic extreme by being absurd to make your point. Interesting approach.

Muhammad Rasheed - lol I'm an editorial cartoonist, Joel. That's my primary tool.

 ________________________________
MEDIUM: Scanned pen & ink cartoon drawing w/Adobe Photoshop color.

SUBSCRIBE and receive a FREE! Weapon of the People eBook by M. Rasheed!












Save up to 75% on art & craft supplies

SuppliesOutlet - Ink & Toner Cartridges


Saturday, February 9, 2019

Committed to Thick

Click for Artist's Description

Moikgantsi Kgama - Given the history of race in America, why do white Americans have so much trouble understanding that blackface is insulting?


Muhammad Rasheed - They are being disingenuous. They don't have trouble understanding it at all, but they just enjoy making fun of people they want to believe they are inherently superior to and they certainly don't want to stop having all that fun just because the target victim protests about it. Surely the complaints of the barbaric bully's victims makes racially-motivated bullying even MORE fun!

The alternative explanation is that they are mentally stunted and incapable of learning basic information, but I lean towards the former.

Mic Worthy - Exactly! #Facts

Ollie Doss - Love the artwork and the message!!!

Jason Hargrove - no reparations they think sleeping with white women is reparations

Ollie Doss - Unfortunately, you're right.

Christopher Counts - so much racism

Bryan Dass - im not sure about reparations - i spent my life studying malcolm x and dr khalid - both of them seemed to veer their outlook on reparations toward the end - especially malcolm moreso than khalid - i think the panthers movement had everything they needed to not need reparations - even tho many other races got it yes - but the truely powerful go and get for themselves n say fuck off to the enemy whoever the enemy might be...

they take no love from the enemy in my opinion - just some thoughts on the matter. pac was a part of the new wave imo - he wasnt on reparations at all and chose the business direction - he was too late in that decision though. but to be self made n work smart to me is the best success - and most community service can get done that way. bottom line is no one helps anyone in this world - we have to get used to it and even learn to love it.

Muhammad Rasheed - Bryan wrote: "i think the pathers movement had everything they needed to not need reparations"

Reparations is the payout designed to repair the economic damages caused by generations of anti-Black systemic racism. It's about JUSTICE. The demand for reparatory justice is a routine part of a lawsuit designed to aid in righting a wrong. That's the point, not whether the people can still get by with the crumbs left over after being exploited/plundered/stolen from by the white racist aristocracy.

Along with Reparations is the formal dismantling of anti-Black systemic racism. Both of these go hand-in-hand and to allow racism's plunder of the Black community to continue is unacceptable. You're saying we should turn our back on our traditional enemy and continue to work hard while the fruits of our labor are continuously siphoned off into the wealth coffers of white racists. No. Deebo cannot have my grandma's chain.



Bryan Dass - true. but again... this life isnt fair and we can't expect anyone to give justice. when i wrote panthers had it - i mean economically - they took care of their own - via self sufficiency in education, food production and security. As for money - they were using 'black economics' whereby they made their own businesses and kept growing a healthy economic environment in their communities - bit by bit.

Garvey was up on all this and making way with the ship as you know - he understood that making business moves could literally give the people everything they needed. I will leave you to your beliefs it's not a problem - but i definitely believe that a more sustainable rational option was their own self made power, rather than any power being handed to them - especially by any government. i dont expect change in anyone or anything ever - and from that logical approach, one can plan for their success. Even if the world got MORE racist - it's not a problem if the player is a power player and smarter than the so called racists.

Malcolm was doing a lot of different work toward his end - he wasnt even talking about it as much (Malcolm Diaries) whereby he was slowly setting up alike Garvey business communications with Africa and other places (middle east i think). As for turning your backs while people steal from you. In business, it's all about people stealing from you - so no i dont say anything about turning your backs and allowing injustice - im just saying to be strong in business so that people can't steal, that's all.

Look at me - i spent 5 years in business getting taken advantage of until i stopped thinking the way i did and expecting anything but bullshit from everyone. Rather than getting hopeless, this outlook made me smart and i just simply outsmarted them when i realized they were simply trying to outsmart me - it's a game - of winners and losers - and to expect ANY kind of mercy is to not play the game but get played by the game. A game of Power. The 'hopeless' and 'faithless' part of the panthers is the part i love most bc it got results and didnt expect anything of government - I believe if they ran with that part, they'd take the Black Liberation Army into the serious place it ought to be at, rather than the 'dead' place it is now.

Muhammad Rasheed - Bryan wrote: “true. but again... this life isnt fair and we can't expect anyone to give justice.”

We’re not fighting back, Bryan. That’s why we don’t have justice. At this moment, the Black American ethnic group as a whole is meekly accepting the crumbs left behind by the white racist thieves. Apparently we expect them to come to their senses on their own initiative and magically decide they don’t want to steal that $trillion from Black people anymore.

Bryan wrote: “when i wrote panthers had it - i mean economically […] they were using 'black economics' whereby they made their own businesses…”

I heard you the first time. What does that have to do with Reparatory Justice payouts for economic wrongs done to our community by outsiders? These are two completely different items. If someone hits your car, do you stop doing other business because your car insurance is suing to pay for the damages?

Bryan wrote: “Garvey was up on all this […] he understood that making business moves could literally give the people everything they needed.”

None of that means anything if we are only working so that the white racist aristocracy can take our wealth faster than we make it, in the ongoing trend. What we do with/for ourselves in our communities is different from the battle – fighting to end the plunder of anti-Black systemic racism (keeping our wealth for ourselves!) and getting our Reparations to right those wrongs.

Bryan wrote: “I will leave you to your beliefs it's not a problem…”

I don’t know what you are saying here. What’s not a problem?

Bryan wrote: “…but i definitely believe that a more sustainable rational option was their own self made power, rather than any power being handed to them…”

No one deliberately gives up Reparations for a wrong they committed. That’s why you have to make them do it USING your power.

Bryan wrote: “…especially by any government. i dont expect change in anyone or anything ever…”

That’s because we aren’t using our power. It’s been over 50 yrs since we’ve leveraged the force of the Black Economic Boycott effectively.

Bryan wrote: “Even if the world got MORE racist - it's not a problem if the player is a power player and smarter than the so called racists.”

Use your power effectively and they WON’T get more racist. Turn your back on them and continue to passively allow them to do whatever they feel like doing to you unopposed, and racism will get worse and worse in the current ongoing trend.

Bryan wrote: “Malcolm was doing a lot of different work toward his end - he wasnt even talking about it as much…”

That’s because he had a different focus and left that battle to others:

“The purpose of the OAAU was to fight for the human rights of African Americans and promote cooperation among Africans and people of African descent in the Americas.” ~The Organization of Afro-American Unity (OAAU); Basic Unity Program (1964)

Bryan wrote: “In business, it's all about people stealing from you…”

The white racist aristocracy wants you to believe that their exploitation-based Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade model of doing business is the only business model. Stop listening to them.

Bryan wrote: “so no i dont say anything about turning your backs and allowing injustice…”

Meanwhile, it’s literally what you said to do. DON’T fight them back, allow them to do whatever they want, while you work harder. That’s the bottomline of your message. It’s cowardly.

Bryan wrote: “im just saying to be strong in business so that people can't steal, that's all.”

What does that have to do with holding people accountable for their wrongdoing, forcing them to stop, and forcing them to pay reparatory justice due?

Bryan wrote: “Look at me - i spent 5 years in business getting taken advantage of until i stopped thinking the way i did and expecting anything but bullshit from everyone.”

You’re STILL getting taken advantage of. Systemic racism affects all levels and is only squashed when we stand as an independent Black Nation who ONLY works with white nations if it is a Win-Win situation.

Bryan wrote: “Rather than getting hopeless…”

Your message sounds hopeless.

Bryan wrote: “…and to expect ANY kind of mercy…”
Using the Black Economic Boycott and a focused Black Political Agenda to force the dismantling of anti-Black systemic racism and the payout of Reparations has nothing to do with “expecting mercy” from someone who otherwise has zero incentive to stop his racist evil on his own initiative.

Bryan wrote: “The 'hopeless' and 'faithless' part of the panthers is the part i love most bc it got results and didnt expect anything of government…”

Doing your inner work within your own community is something you should do anyway. That’s separate from the self-defense warfare arm of the community that holds the enemy accountable for their wrongs and ensures they don’t continue to encroach upon our freedoms.

Bryan wrote: “I believe if they ran with that part, they'd take the Black Liberation Army into the serious place it ought to be at, rather than the 'dead' place it is now.”

The movement was sabotaged by diabolical intelligence agencies and treacherous coon leadership. What we’re dealing with now is the fruit of those attacks. What I’m talking about are the reestablishment of the highly-effective tools used in the movement that were deliberately stripped from us during the “Integration” coon factory era, and now few of us even recognize them as the powerful Weapons of the People they are.

 ________________________________
MEDIUM: Scanned pen & ink cartoon drawing w/Adobe Photoshop color.

SUBSCRIBE and receive a FREE! Weapon of the People eBook by M. Rasheed!












Save up to 75% on art & craft supplies

SuppliesOutlet - Ink & Toner Cartridges


Friday, February 8, 2019

Yes, We Can 2.0

Click for Artist's Description - Saturday's M. Rasheed Patreon entries are free
content for casual outsider viewing. Subscribe as a Patron for
as low as $1 a month for access to ALL posts.

Joel Gray - Will African-Americans ever receive or deserve reparations?

Muhammad Rasheed - The Black American ethnic group—descendants of the American chattel slaves—deserve Reparatory Justice for the generations of economic-based anti-Black systemic racism inflicted upon them since the early seventeenth century up into the present day. Of course that means the actual wrong of systemic racism also needs to be dismantled, otherwise we can realistically expect all of those Reparations payout checks to be plundered right back into the wealth coffers of the white racist aristocracy.

Currently, the new crop of Democratic politicians and the anti-racism activists are fighting to address the racism-caused economic disparities, and since the battle is being fought, it can be won. It’s hard to win if you never fight it turns out.

Mic Worthy - Welp... LOL


Jason Hargrove - the only way to get reparations is to sue one of these businesses that had slaves then you would have to prove lineage to the slave that was owned. the government sanctioned slavery but it only ever paid reparations to the internment camp victims and heirs of ww2 not something too long ago.

Jason Anderson - In order to get reparations, you need to take from individuals TODAY. No one today has owned a slave. So are we going to go to the grand children, the great grand children or whatnot, and just demand they give us their property? I've always been courious how people have wanted to confront this issue...

Ollie Doss - But you don't mind building on the wealth that slavery produced. Do you? If you're willing to accept the benefits of a system founded upon slavery, you'll accept the punishment too. Yes, you very much so have a lot to do with slavery. So do your children and grandchildren. So, stop with backwards guilt tripping.

Jason Anderson - @Ollie...s fun fact, digging into my ancestors I personally have no connections to slavery. So no, I dont have anything to do with it. And it's not guilt tripping, its educating. You're just gunna take from those that weren't involved? What if that individual down the family tree is barely financed? Just gunna take everything even if they had no idea what their ancestors did?

Jason Anderson - However I agree those who took part need to own up to it. Do some research and you'll see NOT ONE REPUBLICAN owned a slave, REPUBLICANS were those that opposed it. If you want reparations take from the democratic leaders...

Ollie Doss - @Jason... I'm supposed to feel bad for taking from people who take from everyone else to build their lifestyles? No. It doesn't matter if you have no biological lineage to slavery. The American system is founded upon slavery. The white class of this country benefits from black oppression... to this very hour. Were it not for the stolen land and stolen wealth, this country might still be, but not in this form. So, I don't think black people should have any reservations nor apologies for taking from people whose ancestors took from them and who benefit from their continued oppression.

Muhammad Rasheed - The chattel slave institution is just one component of the Reparations law suit. The full scope of Reparatory Justice is the continuous anti-Black systemic racism inflicted upon Black people in this country for the last 400 yrs. Reparations will repair the generations of economic damage caused to Black people during the maintenance of the white racist aristocracy.

Timothy Brown -@Jason... you do have something to do with slavery because you're still benefiting from the economic structure slavery created. Republicans of the time still benefited from the economic structure of slavery. Oh, and fun fact, the civil war was less about freeing the slaves and more about keeping the country together. Many Republicans and Northeners were fine to keep slavery going, especially the longer the war dragged on. And you can't forget that the parties have flipped positions since the civil war. So the Republicans of today would align themselves more so with the Democrats of the civil war. You should do more research on the subject.

John Slaughter - @Jason... That's a fun fact until you do 30 seconds of research and discover that those "republicans" were the liberals and the "democrats" at the time were the ultra conservatives. So you could just as well argue that modern-day racist conservatives should solely shoulder the blame for it. I mean, they *do* have most of the US' wealth. Hell, I'm now paying more in taxes for their huge tax breaks.

That said, we're supposed to be a group for discussing the artwork, not critiquing the message of the art. I see there are yellow highlights on the white cloak/hood, but the torch doesn't appear to actually be lit.

Timothy Brown - And it is the government's job to provide reparations for the slavery they built an entire economic system on (our economic system still relies on similar structures and hasn't changed that much). So why shouldn't that same governing body years later not be held responsible for providing reparations?

Muhammad Rasheed - It's not highlight, John, it's 'dingy funky stuff.'

Ollie Doss - First of all, I love your work!!! Secondly... and, sorry in advance for the essay...

Reparations are usually given to nations, not a bunch of angry individuals. So, I'm of the belief that if black people are gonna go for reparations they need either their own nation or they need to organize in a manner that will allow for the money that they receive to help build a nation on the continent of Africa. Asking for reparations as just simply black people could be very, very dangerous, and set us up for a real genocidal attack. Black people still misunderstand the psychology of their enemies. We're not organized, so we're just approaching reparations as a bunch of individuals who want a check but have no political nor economic agenda after receiving that check. A shrewd politician would parlay that ignorance into a more sophisticated form of oppression. Because once those checks are cashed, white people have cut your legs out from under you. See, once the United States pays black people on an individual basis for the crimes of slavery and Jim Crow, racism won't exist anymore. So, now, this system can treat you however it wishes and your protests will be muted by the payment you received. In other words, approaching reparations the wrong way is likely to take from black people the only real leverage that they have in this country. That would be disastrous. So, reparations could be a very good thing for our people if we organize and make some type of agenda for the money. Just saying.

Muhammad Rasheed - In many of my cartoons, I have the activist characters holding dual signs that say both "End anti-Black systemic racism" and "Pay Black Reparations." Both will have to go hand in hand for the exact reasons you state.

Ollie Doss - @Muhammad... Agreed. So, are you of the mind that there should be some kind of economic agenda and organization in place prior to approaching reparations?

Muhammad Rasheed - I think there will need to be a gov sub-branch responsible for the payout. Like the one England created when they paid reparations to all of their slave-owners as the condition for freeing the slaves. That shit ran ran like a well-oiled machine and was done in 3-days. lol

Muhammad Rasheed - But dismantling the racist system should definitely be a part of the event. Paying Reparations means the USG acknowledges the wrong in the first place, and as you can see from this thread alone, white people like to pretend racism ended when slavery formally ended because they are trying to hide from racism and what they really owe.

You can't admit to the evils that are going on, be willing to pay the damages, but still keep the system up and running. That's retarded. #LetMyPeopleGo

Ollie Doss - @Muhammad... But, we're dealing with a bit of a different situation here in America. I don't know that a sub-branch would vibe with the real owners nor the middle-class whites of this country. I don't see any way of actually getting reparations outside of some form of nationalistic organization or a full-on established nation.

Muhammad Rasheed - Ollie, I don't think the whole thing can play out without a full scale Civil War 2.0 anyway. We're just going to have to deal with it. #StrapUp

Ollie Doss - @Muhammad... Oh, wholeheartedly agree with you on that. Furthermore, they still benefit from not only the wealth which slavery produced, but also from the economic apartheid practices of America. That's why they get so defensive and go on a weird guilt trip to try and make black people feel bad for approaching reparations.

Muhammad Rasheed - By sub-branch, I mean a special department under an already established gov entity (dept. of Commerce, Homeland Security, or whatever).

Ollie Doss - @Muhammad... I agree that a fight will ensue. However, I also think that if we can establish a nation state on our Mother Continent, that would stop a lot of bloodshed and we can coerce the United States economically and politically.

Muhammad Rasheed - We can do all of that from within the USA. we're already a Black Nation composed of different ideological tribes. *shrug* We just have to act like it.

Notes While Observing: The 1972 Gary Convention

Ollie Doss - @Muhammad... I think that we can be a "nation within a nation" in the same way that the Chinese are a small nation here, and the Jews are a small nation. However, they're powerful because they have the ultimate power of a mother nation behind them. African descendants of slavery in America are missing that. Therefore, while I agree with this vignette and some of what you're saying, we cannot neglect the fact that we need our own base of operations where WE control the political system. That would make life in America a lot easier and better for the people who want to continue to call this country home.

Muhammad Rasheed - We don't have to form a new nation, we just need to build alliances with other Black African Nations.

Christopher Counts - Well said. I've seen racism as a white living in black communities. I've seen black people live far more affluent and wealthy lives then many other people groups. Change stereotypes and fight ignorance. This whole reparations thing is total bs.

Ollie Doss - @ Muhammad... I agree that we should form alliances with our Brother nations, however African descendants of slavery cannot continue to live in this world without a homeland. We've got to get our own country, and it has to be on the continent of our Mothers and Fathers. Being realistic, we're not going to get full liberation in this country. This is white people's country. Period. They control the context of reality in America. Black people are in no position to actually challenge white power in this country. There was a time when we COULD HAVE taken over America. However, our religious leaders and political figures pushed for integration rather than nation building. So that time has come and gone. Now, we have to face the realities of our situation and work from the standpoint of building to control our own reality. That will never happen in America. A race war, at this point, would be literal biological suicide for us. We cannot fight these people in their house. We've got to establish our own nation and our own power base, and it must be in Africa. There's no other way around that. True, there are perils in trying to obtain land, but I think we can get it done. That's the only way to ensure that black people who live in America will always live in peace and get their reparations.

Muhammad Rasheed - The United States of America that we built with our own hands is our homeland. It's the only home we know.

Muhammad Rasheed - Ollie wrote: "Black people are in no position to actually challenge white power in this country."

I owe the rudimentary freedoms I possess TODAY to the literal rivers of blood that flowed during the Civil War. Please note that I walked out of the cotton fields, picked up a rifle for the first time, and won my freedom In the Name of God.

I will do so again. #LetMyPeopleGo #Reparations

John Slaughter - @Christopher... If you belief that you have been affected by racism then you don't know or understand racism. As a white male you may encounter discrimination in larger black neighborhoods, or even individual acts of bigotry. Anyone is capable of doing that, regardless of race or oppression, but "racism" is a larger systemic problem that affects many people by many people. The difference is important in understanding the larger problem.

Ollie Doss - @Muhammad... The Civil War that the northern whites (reluctantly) allowed our fathers to fight in. It wasn't our people taking power with their own hands. I agree with you, Brother. Our ancestors built this house, but their labor was in vain. We built this house for our enemies thinking that our labor would translate into some type of consolation for us. We have fought in every war for this country, but look at what had to be done to just participate in the wars. Protesting to get into WWI, and they didn't want us fighting for the United States. Most of the black soldiers participated in the war with France. And to come home to the Red Summer of 1919 was an even bigger insult. While we don't hear about the many violent uprisings that our ancestors incited during slavery, none of those uprisings resulted in the taking of power. Because, in the end, we're surrounded by the enemy. They control everything. What supply lines do we control in America? What weapons do we manufacture? What tactical means do we have? I'm not scared to fight, but we're at a crucial point in our history, and we have to be smarter than our enemies. A fight on their soil would be our end. Spartacus learned that.

Muhammad Rasheed - That's literally what they want you to think to prevent you from fighting back again. If you don't fight to the death to protect your freedom -- making the attempt to enslave you unprofitable -- then you can prepare to remain a slave. Period.

Rob Stilfield - Nobody living today deserves reparations, only the people who physically were slaves do. People are always looking to get money from somebody else’s heartaches .

Muhammad Rasheed - Slavery is only one part of the Reparations law suit. The full scope is 400 yrs worth of anti-Black systemic racism. In fact, you owe $10 just for this post.

Rob Stilfield - @Muhammad... black people were not the only slaves at the time. Chinese Native American Mexican and the Irish we’re all apart of slavery too , but none of them are looking for reparations. I believe the Chinese got it worse then anyone.

Ollie Doss - Says a descendant of people who got money from someone else's heartache.

Ollie Doss - I love when white people spit the old "everyone was a slave" bs. This is why I never believed in a dialogue about racism. This is just a white person's way of saying "quit your whining, n****r." They honestly believe that they should be able to sleep in peace on top of their stolen land.

Ollie Doss - Oh well, enough race stuff. The art is great.

Rick Bonilla - If the Indians who actually owned the land never got reparations what makes you think anybody else will. You can check that to business losses.

Rick Bonilla - great art 👍👍👍

Muhammad Rasheed - Rob wrote: "black people were not the only slaves at the time."

That has NOTHING to do with me. I'm fighting my own battle. They can fight theirs.

Muhammad Rasheed - Rick wrote: "If the Indians who actually owned the land never got reparations..."

They received land and other reparatory benefits from the USG and then turned around and paid the freed Blacks they used to own Reparations.

Rob Stilfield - @Muhammad... the thing that keeps racism alive is that we fight only for are own and never along side of any other races . We say stuff like “not my problem “ or “ I have my own battles, they can fight their own” As long as we keep doing this , will never get the support of other races. And there for racism keeps going.

Muhammad Rasheed - Nonsense. The so-called "POCs" are actively working with white supremacy to help exploit Black people. I reject your comment as it is in direct opposition to the truth.

Rob Stilfield - Can I ask a question just for fun, not to start anything, but has anyone ever thought about the possibility of a mixed person who’s black half was once slaves and white half once slave owners . Ironic . But would you owe reparations or be entitled to them ? Would you pay yourself? Hope I didn’t offend anyone, just like to debate sometimes. Everyone have a good day

Vincent Lavarello - How do you think Obama became o wealthy?

Muhammad Rasheed - Selling his books. And speaking fees.

Vincent Lavarello - @Muhammad... he sold his soul to big business, sold his country to the Iranians, about the only thing he isn't selling is his sory books! they already have them in the bargain bins at borders books

Muhammad Rasheed - Meanwhile, he built his wealth from selling his books and from speaking fees.

Vincent Lavarello - So you want your mule and 40 acres of land you were promised after the civil war huh? Let me know how that works out for you dumb democrat ass's!


Muhammad Rasheed - I'll get it alright.

Vincent Lavarello - my my, ain't you the uppitty type, good luck with that sonny!

Muhammad Rasheed - Thanks.

Ollie Doss - This is how you know that your art is awesome!!!

Vincent Lavarello - @Ollie... lol, as an artist I find that comment really stupid, I wasn't about to touch the subject of his racist art with a critique of the quality of his penmanship, but like his racist attitudes his art sucks too!

Muhammad Rasheed - Ollie is correct. Whenever racist whites get over-triggered and foam at the mouth like you are doing here, it confirms me as a successful artist. :)

Thanks btw.

Rob Stilfield - I would also like to state the fact that there Are about 50 million Asians living in slavery today that nobody seems to give a shit about. But as long as you get your reparations from 400 years ago who cares right?

Muhammad Rasheed - How am I going to help them when I'm still suffering under the same ole systemic racism continuously inflicted upon me for the last 400 yrs? #PutYourOwnOxygenMaskOnFirst

Mic Worthy - I just love how the closet racists come out in these posts by M. Rasheed, when all they had to do is ignore the post and scroll on by!

"Hey! My whiteness is under attack! Better defend it by posting a comment to downplay the systemic bigotry still going on today that relegates and marginalizes people of color to make it seem like racism ended with slavery!"

Sound about white? LOL


 ________________________________
MEDIUM: Scanned pen & ink cartoon drawing w/Adobe Photoshop color.

SUBSCRIBE and receive a FREE! Weapon of the People eBook by M. Rasheed!












Save up to 75% on art & craft supplies

SuppliesOutlet - Ink & Toner Cartridges


Thursday, February 7, 2019

On Code: Racism's First Line of Defense

Artist's Description

A Mrs. PhDology cartoon inspired by her 06 Feb 2019 Instagram post!

 ________________________________
MEDIUM: Scanned pen & ink cartoon drawing w/Adobe Photoshop color.

SUBSCRIBE and receive a FREE! Weapon of the People eBook by M. Rasheed!












Save up to 75% on art & craft supplies

SuppliesOutlet - Ink & Toner Cartridges